Terkadang kita susah membedakan penggunaan on, at and in pada hari (days) atau tempat (places). Dibawah ini penjelasan mengenai pemakaiannya.
At digunakan pada noon, night, midnight, and with the time of day:
• My car is washed at morning.
• The movie starts at 6 p.m.
On digunakan pada hari (days):
• I will pick up Dave on Monday.
• Gina’s family went to vacation on last Sunday.
In is used with other parts of the day, with months, with years, with seasons:
• He likes to fishing in the Sunday afternoon.
• Angelia graduated in 1999.
• The flowers will bloom in spring.
Waktu yang lama
Untuk menunjukkan waktu yang lama, Bahasa Inggris menggunakan kata depan berikut ini: since, for, by, from—to, from-until, during,(with)in
• Jon has been gone since two days ago. (Jon left two days ago and has not returned.)
• Sebastian is going to Paris for ten days. (Sebastian will spend ten days there.)
• The project did from July to September. (Beginning in July and ending in September.)
• The decorations were up from spring until fall. (Beginning in spring and ending in fall.)
• I watch the drama during the night. (For some period of time in the night.)
• We must finish the project within a three month. (No longer than three month.)
Dapatkan Diskon Kursus Back To School 2,5 Juta di EF, klik link biru ini ▶Diskon 2,5 Juta◀ Kursus Bahasa Inggris di EF English First, Belajar Bahasa Inggris makin seru!